Telemedicine for Medicaid
At Sunshine Health, we know that the more options your Medicaid patients, our members, have to see and communicate with their healthcare providers, the better. That is why we are here to support you as you expand or begin using telemedicine to effectively and efficiently deliver healthcare services to your patients.
Telemedicine can help you:
- Engage patients to take a more active role in their health
- Treat patients with non-emergent health issues remotely, or after hours
- Improve efficiency with fewer no-show appointments
- Expand your geographic reach, especially to patients in rural areas
- Refer patients to out-of-area specialists
Our goal is to help our members access the healthcare services they need as efficiently as possible.
In coming months, we will be sharing additional materials that will help you develop or expand your telemedicine program.
The Agency for Health Care Administration (AHCA) allows the use of telemedicine. The AHCA Policy (PDF) provides additional information about the state’s telemedicine rules and regulations. AHCA’s Telehealth Advisory Council was set up to monitor and submit reports on the status and scope of telehealth activities in Florida. The group submitted its final report (PDF) in October 2017. We highly encourage you to read the report as it contains helpful information about telemedicine/telehealth.
Sunshine Health is excited to offer the following opportunity for Telemedicine Training.
How to sign up
- Click the link below to register for the webinar.
- A webinar invitation will be sent to you via email. Once the invitation is received, click on the link provided in the email to register (this step is required for attendance).
- You will receive a confirmation email with a link and instructions for joining the webinar. NOTE: Please check junk folder if confirmation is not received.
- When you join the webinar, the call-in telephone number and an attendee passcode will be displayed.
For assistance, contact Sonya Ross at email@example.com
- Telemedicine guidelines and requirements
- Telemedicine defined
- Methods to provide telemedicine
- Billing guidelines